Officers in Attendance
Secretary - Kat
Yeah...everyone else disappeared...
Today when I ran the meeting, I tried to organize these following people, and you could probably say I failed miserably:
Ron Weasly- wow for making fun of my love for Harry Potter, you can't spell his name...that's pathetic.
Yeah...no last names bwcause I don't want to get sued...
We broke into groups and came up with questions for the survey. This is what we got for brainstorming:
- What is your sexual orientation?
- Are you against gay marriages? Civil unions?
- Do you know anyone who is gay?
- Would you dislike someone depending on his/her sexual orientation?
- Are you comfortable around homosexuality?
- Are you against homosexuality because of parental or religious beliefs or influences?
- Do you support adoption by gay couples?
- Do you think people should be able to discriminate against homosexuals when it comes to jobs, organizations, and/or medical treatment?
- What are your overall beliefs on homosexuality?
Simple rough draft ideas - I personally feel we need to make it mostly multiple choice, because it's 7:30 in the morning, and most people aren't capable of functioning that early - at least I know I'm not, lol.
Z said she had ideas...any of you people who showed up today get some sort of revelation after the meeting???
My personal opinion condensed into a slightly un-rantish form.
It really wasn't fair to leave me there alone. I know Derrick apologized, and that's cool, but if you're an OFFICER, you have a commitment to the club...As far as Ashley goes, I think she's uninterested and I elect Z to her position...
WHERE WAS FRIEDMAN? With our kind of club, it's a really bad idea to have NO ADULT in the room...it was really hard for me to keep people under control, especially because I know some people were there just to mock the club...I want to thank Brielle and Sophie because they were helping me out...but EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE THERE!!!
The next meeting is November 3rd, a Thursday. For you n00bs, we meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month.
A dictionary of terms:
- GSA - Gay/Straight Alliance; a group that promotes tolerance and understanding of people of all sexual orientations
- Sexual orientation - The direction of one's sexual interest toward members of the same, opposite, or both sexes.
- LGBT - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
- HRC - Human Rights Campaign
- Day of Silence - a student-led day of action where those who support making anti-LGBT bias unacceptable in schools take a day-long vow of silence to recognize and protest the discrimination and harassment -- in effect, the silencing -- experienced by LGBT students and their allies; APRIL 26th THIS YEAR!!!
Adri...if you could type up the sheet of attendance from last meeting and post and send me the e-mails, we can start an email newsletter for those in the club against their parent's/s' will/s. And we have to update the LJ page, because Tara and Liz aren't officers anymore ='(.
Comments, questions? OH EM GEE LEAVE COMMENTS kthxbai.
Your oh-so-blah secretary,